Posted by Administrator on 6/4/2014
Aluminum has long been known to be a neurotoxin. Chronic exposure is a factor in many neurological diseases, including dementia, autism, and Parkinson's disease.1
Aluminum Heads Straight to Your Brain
Scientists are clear that toxic metals damage brain tissue and lead to degenerative disease by producing oxidative stress—and aluminum is one of the worst offenders. With Alzheimer's rates skyrocketing, today's multiple avenues of aluminum exposure are of great concern. Just as with particles in the environment, once aluminum is in your tissues, your body has a difficult time releasing it. Regardless of your age, aluminum toxicity may be doing as much damage to our children as to our seniors.Although aluminum occurs naturally in soil, water, and air, we are contributing to the load with the mining and processing of aluminum ores, manufacturing of aluminum products, and the operation of coal-fired power plants and incinerators.Rain washes industrial aluminum particles out of the air and into our water supply, where they tend to accumulate rather than degrade. If you live in an industrial area, your exposure is undoubtedly higher than average.
Aluminum contamination has been found in a vast number of products on the market, from prepackaged foods and beverages to pharmaceuticals. Aluminum is found in a shocking number of foods and consumer products, including:
- Foods such as baking powder, self rising flour, salt, baby formula, coffee creamers, baked goods and processed foods, coloring and caking agents.
- Drugs, such as antacids, analgesics, anti-diarrheals, and others; additives such as magnesium stearate.
- Cosmetics and personal care products such as antiperspirants, deodorants (including crystal deodorant stones), lotions, sunscreens, and shampoos.
- Aluminum products, including foil, cans, juice pouches, tins, and water bottles
As with many toxins, it isn't one exposure here and there that is so concerning—it's the cumulative effect of many smaller exposures over time that can lead to a toxic metal overload and erosion of your health.
How to Detoxify Aluminum
The first step is to avoid further exposure to aluminum. This means avoiding products such as:
- Toothpaste containing aluminium oxyhydroxide
- Antiperspirants containing aluminum chloride, aluminum chlorohydrate, or aluminum-zirconium compounds
- Aluminum laminated pouch drinks
- Aluminum cookware
- Aluminum espresso makers
Next, nutritionally support your body's natural ability to detoxify.
Eat plenty of raw fruits and vegetables which will raises your body's levels of glutathione. Your body synthesizes glutathione from three amino acids: cysteine, glutamate, and glycine. Avocado, asparagus, grapefruit, strawberries, orange, tomato, cantaloupe, broccoli, okra, peach, zucchini, and spinach are rich in the precursors glutamate and glycine. Dietary sources of cysteine include eggs, meat, red peppers, garlic, onions, Brussels sprouts, whey protein, and wheat germ.
Detoxify using a natural homeopathic remedy, such as Metex by Mediral