Posted by Administrator on 8/19/2012
Take a break from the sweets with this easy solution that will nix your craving instead.
Prep: 30 minutes
Serves over 8
Nonstick cooking spray
1 1/2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon espresso powder
3/4 cup egg substitute
2 tablespoons low-calorie sugar-free chocolate syrup, such as Walden Farms, or Chocolate Stevia.
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream (such as Breakstone's)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
24 packets (84g) Stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sliced almonds (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-x-8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the beans, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and egg substitute
in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth,
about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl halfway through.
- Add the chocolate stevia/syrup, sour cream, butter, stevia packets, and vanilla.
Process until all the ingredients are combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, turning the dish halfway through the baking time. A
toothpick inserted in the center will come out with soft batter clinging
- Top with sliced almonds. Let the brownies cool completely in the baking
dish on a wire rack. Then cut into 12 squares and serve. Refrigerate any