Posted by Administrator on 8/20/2012
Home Remedies for Cough
1. If your cough is the result of a cold or flu, consider performing a eucalyptus steam inhalation
to help relieve nasal congestion and sinus congestion. You can also
try sipping warm broth, which will not only help to break up phlegm and
mucous, but soothe an irritated throat as well.
2. Homemade Honey Cough Syrup 1 tablespoon licorice root
1 tablespoon marshmallow root
1 tablespoon plantain leaf
1 teaspoon thyme leaf
1 pint water
4 tablespoons honey
4 ounces glycerin
1/8 teaspoon anise essential oil (optional)
Prepare a triple-strength tea by simmering the herbs in water for 10 minutes, then steeping for 20 minutes.
the tea, then stir in honey and glycerin while the tea is still warm.
Take 1 tablespoon at a time. Stored in a cool place, this syrup will
keep for 2 weeks. In the refrigerator, it will keep for several
months. This recipe is suitable for children, but not for infants, who
should not have honey.
3. Mullein tea for coughs and congestion. Mullein tea is well-known for relieving chest congestion from coughs,
colds and the flu. It acts as an expectorant, loosening trapped mucous
and soothing sore throats. Make mullein tea by filling a tea ball or
strainer with dried mullein herb and steeping in a cup of boiling water
for 10 minutes. Sweeten with raw honey and drink as needed to relieve
4. Use neti pots. Many people have found relief from coughs by using saline solution in neti pots.
5. Black Pepper to relieve a phleghm - Make a
mixture of two tablespoons of lemon juice with honey and add a pinch
of black pepper. This will help get rid of phleghm.
Natural Remedies for Cough
Mediral Cough Med Cough Syrup D8 Homeopathic D9 Homeopathic
by Dr. Recommends (Cough, Sore Throat, Laryngitis) (Spasmodic Cough)
anjoly Date 8/23/2013
Wow, What a helpful post! Good idea to pull all this info together! Thanks for sharing your suggetion about the home remedies for cold and cough........for more information visit http://healthxwellness.com